February 23, 2021
Boats and Watercraft – Pick the One that Meets Your Sailing Needs
Buying a boat comes with many factors; that must be considered while buying. Every type of boat/watercraft as a specific feature. As a sailor, you might find some features necessary for you while some others not so much. Each boat type is built with some objective and capacity in mind. When you go out for a boat purchase, you will need to look for a yacht that meets your specific yachting needs. The price of boats is another factor that you cannot take casually. Some essential factors that you must consider seriously are – how many motors you want in your yacht/boat, in what type of water you want to sail, and what is the main purpose of your purchase. These questions will help you find the boat of your dreams. Also, check the capacity of your boat, and how much time you want to spend in the middle of the sea in your boat. You might also look for brands that you like or that are most popular in the market. Appearance and for what activity a particular type can be used are also essential factors, you must not miss.
Here, we will discuss several types of boats and yachts that are the most popular in the market these days. If you are busy looking for boats and yachts for sale then you have landed at the right place. Before you start your purchasing process, you must know which boat/yacht is the right one for you.
Different Types of Boats and Yachts to Choose From:
Sailboats are ideal for sailing, day cruising, boating offshore, overnight cruising. If you are looking for an environmentally friendly, easy to transport vessel, then this is the right one for you.
- Specific Features: hull, tiller, rudder, mainsail, boom, jib and keel
- Boat Capacity: 14 people maximum
- Length: 7-70 ft
If you are looking for a boat, to spend a long time in the sea and extended periods aboard, then cabin cruisers are the best option for you. This versatile yacht has got plenty of space to move around.
- Specific Features: Large swim platform, bathrooms, bedrooms, cooking accommodations
- Boat Capacity: can accommodate (overnight stay) up to 12 people in a cruiser that is below 40 feet
Bowriders are a perfect choice for both cruising and entertaining. It is spacious and versatile and most ideal for watersports like water skiing, tubing, etc.
- Specific Features: Open bow seating, typically 21 feet or less but can go up to 35 feet
- Boat Capacity: Usually about 8 guests
Whether you want to go for freshwater fishing, saltwater fishing, day cruising, boating offshore, Central Consoles can be the best bet when you are in the middle of the sea. The boat is versatile, ideal for a day out on the water, optimal seating arrangement for guests, best for pulling tow-toys and water skiers.
- Specific Features: swim platform, bathroom, bow seating. In longer models, you will possibly find a large berth, galley, and air conditioning
- Boat Capacity: Depends on the length of the CC
- Length: 18-65 ft.
Jet boats are perfectly designed for day cruising. If you are searching for slow speed manoeuvrability, good fuel consumption, fun to drive, Jet Boats are the right ones for you
- Specific Features: swim platform, great for water skier and tow-toys
- Boat Capacity: 10 Max
- Length: 14-25 ft
Ideal for day cruising, Inflatable boats are suitable for relative load-carrying capacity, and they are safe,
- Specific Features: Trailerable, stable, good tenders
- Boat Capacity: 6 Max
Choose whatever activity you wish to engage in, watersports, swimming, lounging, fishing, day cruising, entertaining tour, Pontoon Boats are the most appropriate ones. It provides safe and thrilling rides, and are extremely stable and comfortable.
- Specific Features: Safe and thrilling rides, plenty of seating
- Boat Capacity: 15 Maximum, usually between 16 and 30 feet
Catamaran boats are most suitable for freshwater fishing, saltwater fishing, overnight cruising, day cruising, offshore boating, etc. You get more deck and cabin space than a monohull powerboat of the same length, fuel-efficient, stable.
- Specific Features: two hulls
- Boat Capacity: 2-26 passengers
- Length: 16-36 ft.
Trawlers are ideal for day cruising, overnight cruising, offshore boating and more. It is typically fuel-efficient with maximum cabin space.
- Specific Features: full kitchens, private staterooms, designed to ride slowly and smoothly
- Boat Capacity: 2-8 people
If you are planning to purchase an in-shore fishing, day-cruising boat, then you must look out for Cuddies. It has recreational use. It also offers a little shelter and storage space but does not upgrade to a full cabin boat.
- Specific Features: small shelter cabin, small berth, small head, lots of storage
- Boat Capacity: 2- 10 people
- Length: 18 – 28 feet
Walkarounds are ideal for freshwater fishing, saltwater fishing, day cruising, offshore boating and more. It can be used as a fishing boat and family cruiser.
- Specific Features: berth, portable toilet, in larger models you may see a galley, padded sun lounge in the bow area
- Boat Capacity: 7 Max
- Length: 18-30 ft.
The above list will help you find the boat or yacht that best caters to your sailing and cruising needs. Be careful while you are out searching for an ideal boat for yourself. Do a thorough investigation of boats before you make the final decision.